Cairns Burnouts is a place for people of all ages to come and enjoy motor sports in a safe and controlled environment.
The Cairns Burnouts events are held at the Cairns International Speedway located at the end of Thompson Road, Edmonton. It is a place for people to come and enjoy burnouts in a safe, legal and controlled environment. From 4 cylinders to V8s, mild to wild, everything is welcome.
We pride ourself on all events being family friendly with free kids' entertainment provided. Hot food is available at all events as well as a bar.
Our regular competitions are generally run as follows:
- 3PM - Gates open
- 3PM - 5:30PM - Practice / scrutineering
- 5:30PM - 6PM - Driver Briefing, clean burnout pad
- 6PM - Competition begins, 2 heats followed by a final
Entry for our regular competitions (not including Tropical Meltdown) is as follows:
- Gate Entry - $15
- Competitors - $60
HOW ARE BURNOUTS JUDGED?
Burnouts are judged in four sections. Judging criteria is as follows:
Instant smoke (10 points) is judged from the moment a burnout starts. Instant thick smoke is the key to getting points here.
Driver control (20 points) is judged on how well the driver can wheel the car. The driver needs to keep the vehicle inside the designated area without hitting any barriers. Static burnouts require little skill and will not attract points for driver control.
Constant smoke (10 points) is judged from the moment the burnouts starts until it is either finished or your time runs out. The thicker the smoke the better.
Vehicle performance (10 points) is judged on how well your vehicle performs overall. For example, if your engine is missing, labouring or not revving cleanly, you will lose points.
No points are awarded for popping tyres and a vehicle must leave the pad under its own power to be eligible to win any prize money.
All our events have stop/go lights. The system is very simple and is as follows:
- Green - Clear to go
- Red - There is something wrong with your vehicle but is not considered dangerous and you may continue if you wish
- Flashing Red/Green - There is is a safety issue, stop immediately
Please see our terms and conditions for full details. All entrants and passengers are to sign an acknowledgement confirming they have read and understand the terms and conditions.
There are five competition classes. They are as follows:
- 4 cylinder – a vehicle with a 4 cylinder or rotary fitted, regardless of make or model.
- 6 cylinder – a vehicle with a 6 cylinder fitted, regardless of make or model.
- 8 cylinder – a vehicle with an N/A 8 cylinder fitted, regardless of make or model.
- Open – a vehicle that has a forced V8 (nitrous, supercharged or turbocharged) or a non-factory optioned V8. If the vehicle had a V6 fitted, but was optioned with a V8, you may fit that V8 only.
- Ladies – a vehicle that is driven by a female competitor, be it a 4, 6 or 8 cylinder or powered by a rotary.
Cash prizes for our regular competitions (not including Tropical Meltdown) are awarded to first place as follows:
- Open class – $500
- 8 cyl class – $350
- 6 cyl class – $250
- 4 cyl class - $150
- Ladie’s class – $150